I’ve been a big fan of juice for a few years. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not the type of person who can go on a multiple day juice cleanse, but I like doing a one day juice cleanse or substituting a meal for a juice. Over the past few years, I’ve been trying a lot of the juice shops popping up all over Orange County, and without a doubt, Juice Served Here is by far my favorite shop! The juices are delicious, fresh, and they have endless of options to meet every taste.
Since I love juice so much, here’s a list of some of the juice shops in Orange County I’ve tried! Let me know in the comments if you have a different shop you like to go to!
Juice Served Here: My favorite! Their new location in Lido Marina Village is a restaurant. If you ever find yourself there, their avocado smash is to die for!
Located in Newport Beach
Nekter Juice Bar: This is always a good juice shop if you’re looking for something fresh and with a lot of options. They have everything from juices, to smoothies, to acai bowls.
Located throughout Orange County
Growl Juice Pub: The idea of this juice shop is cool – the juices are served in glass containers and have a shelf life to about 3 days. This means the juices are probably made day of and are not pasteurized. They are good!
Located in Old Towne Orange
Pressed Juicery: I’m not going to lie, I’m not crazy about their juices. However, their freeze (a juice alternative to frozen yogurt) is super tasty!
Located in Irvine, Costa Mesa, and Newport Beach
Banzi Bowl: No juices here, but they have smoothies and acai bowls!
Located in Newport Beach, Costa Mesa, and Huntington Beach
Alright guys, let’s talk sunscreen. Sunscreen has always been an important aspect of my life. I mean, being a redhead, it has to be, right? If I don’t wear sunscreen, I burn. I burn when I drive, I burn when I sit in the shade, and I especially burn when it’s overcast out. My skin is practically allergic to the sun and it screams whenever a ray of sunlight touches it. Think i’m being dramatic? I no longer have pigment in my chest because of a 3rd degree sunburn I got when I was 13 years old. And my scalp is a permeant shade of red because of my part.
Because I have such sensitive skin, I’ve become somewhat of a sunscreen brat. I’ve tried it all, I know what I like, what I don’t like, and what I find absolutely stupid. For instance, any sunscreen over 50 SPF is pointless in my book – it’s just thicker and more difficult to put on. And organic sunscreen? Ya right, that’s a sunburn waiting to happen.
As you may know, mainly because I can’t stop talking about it, I’m heading to Mexico TOMORROW. Which means i’m going to be in never ending sun. Since I’m in summer mode, and it is just around the corner, I decided to collect my favorite sunscreens out there for all you gals with sensitive skin! Tell me what you think, if you’ve tried any, and what works for you!
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Fitness trackers are all the rage these days. I recently (as in yesterday) got the FitBit Blaze and I can already sense I’m going to be obsessed with it. Don’t worry – I’ll have a review up next week once I spend some more time with the puppy! But in the meantime, I gathered the top rated fitness trackers out on the market right now.
Check them out and tell me what you think!
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
1. The Fitbit Blaze is essentially a Fitbit Surge stripped of its GPS. It looks like the sleek Apple watch and can get calls, texts and calendar notifications. It a watch and also acts like a fitness tracker – win, win. $249.99
2. This Garmin Vivoactive uses GPS to accurately track running, cycling and swimming. Basically, it’s an easy tracker for those sports fanatics. $249.99
3. The Alta (not released yet) is as basic as you’re likely to find, but you can customize this puppy as much as want.
4. The Jawbone is probably the most attractive of the bunch. It comes in a lot of pretty colors and the purpose of it is to compete with a partner. So that friend and spouse you’ve been wanting to get active – this is the one for you.
5. The Microsoft Band does not appear to be the slickest or most comfortable activity tracker to wear. But the details this little guy are way ahead of most of the activity bands – like it’s running with GPS connectivity. $249.99
6. The Moov is a small and round devjce that you clip into a strap to wear around your leg and pair with a smartphone. The purpose of this guy is for advanced sports training plans – like running, swimming and cycling. $79.98